Cakes and Cards

Good Afternoon Bloggers,

I hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday weekend and that the weather isn't being too mean! It's a nice sunny day in Edinburgh today, albeit a little bit chilly. Where is the summer.... Now I have to stress, summer is a blood-relative of winter in Scotland but still a wee bit of heat wouldn't go a miss! Just up a degree or two so we could get the barbi out... I can dream!

I had a nice weekend, although I was a little unwell for some of it. I had another driving lesson on Saturday morning that went very well. I'm practising all my manoeuvres now, which means I'm getting a very sore neck looking out the back window all the time reversing. It is going well though and I'm pretty much independent on most things now. I can pretty much drive anywhere without being told what to do by OH now, so I'm assuming that's a good thing! :o)

It was my younger sisters birthday at the weekend, so I made her a chocolate birthday cake, what do you think? I am pleased to say that it went down well and people preferred it to the bought one :o)

Now down to the cards I made. I started out making this easel card with the intention of it being a shaker card with some glitter, unfortunately the glue on the acetate is STILL wet. I'm having to admit defeat and will probably start the shaker bit again... meantime this is what the card looks like:


The inspiration for this second card came from the green buttons, I nipped into the craft shop at the weekend (I drove... I get much more decision on the destination I find when I'm driving! he he he...) and I picked up these buttons. I unfortunately didn't get much else as the stock was a little low at the moment. Although I notice they are now selling copics! Yippee! I had to replace my B00, (my sister had ran this down colouring in a picture of Stitch), I'm hoping that they get some more stock in soon. I have coloured my little bear with my copics and used my bug to emboss the yellow card. I used my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch for the edge of the green card. I think this card is quite simple but nice! Anyway, thanks for dropping by and keeping up with my blog... despite me being very lax of late. I'm hoping once the wedding of the year is past I'll have a bit more time to craft and blog.

Take care, Lyns xxx



2 comments

Andrea said...

the cake looks super and totally yummy, and the cards are lovely, esp those dinky little buttons, well done x

coops said...

hiya lyns, wow yummy cake hun and your cards are gorgeous.fab images and layout and love your colours.luv coops.xx