Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Happy and Sad...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

At least we are half way through the week. I had to work late last night, I didn't get home until 8.30 so I was quite tired but I managed to get a card finished off that I'd started in the morning. I'd had the dentist yesterday morning for a check-up (eurgh... dentist is NOT my favourite place to go) which I didn't have to go to until 9am the dentist is close to my house. So I ended up having quite a bit of spare time before going so I started making my friend an Anniversary card, unfortunately during this time, I got a call from OH's brother. His Fiancée's sister died on Monday, she was not a well girl anyway but this was very unexpected. I know she's now in a better place.

On to my cards, the anniversary card is for my friend Sarah who I was a bridesmaid for. The paper is papermania as I used earlier in the week, with my penny johnson bears celebrating stamp and I also used my doily lace punch. I coloured the bears with copics (just for a change - lol) and added the some gold glamour dust for the champagne.

This second card is for my Brother-in-law's fiancée, I tried to make a card that was sweet but sympathetic, hopefully I've achieved this. Again I used the papermania papers, I cut the big roses out of one sheet and stuck these down in the corner. I printed the sentiment from my laptop and cut with my nesties. I hope this card is appropriate, I've never had to make a sympathy card before.

Well thanks for looking everyone, I hope you are all having a good week. Take care, Lyns xx


2 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lynsey
Both cards are beautiful,
hugs Dianne xx

Mina said...

two gorgeous cards Lynsey...the first one image is so cute and pretty, the second although for a very sad occassion is very elegant
Mina xxx