Wednesday, 5 May 2010

UP, UP and away....

Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a good day today, it's a lovely sunny day with us here. I just hope it warms up a bit. I saw on the news that the Volcano is at its tricks again, thankfully Edinburgh Airport is still open for now, but I know Glasgow is closed and the travellers are being coached through to Edinburgh. It's such a shame for the people who wind up stranded somewhere and can't get home. If you are one of those people, my thoughts are with you!

Today's card is a bright and cheery birthday card. I have been eager to try the out of the box technique with my nesties for some time so here's my first attempt. I think it has gone pretty well actually! I always show the cards I make to my OH when they're done and the first thing he said was 'It's like UP!' As soon as he said that I wish I'd drawn more balloons so that it really is like UP. I will try that next time. The stamp is a Penny Black Clear Set, papers are doodlebug, the buttons are just a random selection I bought.

Well I hope you all have a great day and with any luck the volcano will chill out a bit today!! Thanks for visiting! Lyns xx

3 comments:

Lizzy xx said...

Hi Lynsey! luv the card hun it's gorgeous ~ fab image ~ luv the bright colours, buttons looks great.. remind me of smarties,lol & fab layout xx Lizzy xx

coops said...

hiya lyns, gorgeous card hun.love htis image and love the fab papers and embossing.a really fun cheery card and like lizzy the buttons remind me of smarties.luv coops.xx

Kathleen said...

Fab card. Love the image. lovely papers. Not a fan of buttons but it look great on your card. Kathleen x