A bit of a Lynsey's guide to Copic Colouring

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a nice bright sunny day here at the moment... I hope it lasts, I could use a bit of sunshine in my life at the moment :o) I didn't get up to much last night, went driving... AGAIN. I feel like it's all I ever do sometimes and although I like driving when I'm out and about, I don't like the build up to going, I wish I would just pass my test already! pft!

Anyhoo! The fun stuff now,

I decided I'd share with you all how I colour my images, I use copics and normally start with the darkest colour first. I choose where my light source is and put the darkest colours away from this first, so the first image below is how I begin. The colours I have used is E33, E11, YR20, BG10, RV42, R11 & R22. The image I used is called Bubbly Bears by Penny Johnson, you can buy it here they do international shipping should anyone not inside the UK want this stamp :o)

The next colour I have used is E11 I use this to pull the colour more in from the darker shade. You can see below what I've done.
I then take YR20 and colour all over the image blending until you can't see a noticeable difference between the shades, this doesn't damage the palest colour at all. You can see below how I've done this.

I then coloured the edges of the glasses and bubbles with BG10 and the bears noses with RV42. I used this colour for the inside of the smaller bear's ear (the girl bear (o:).
Finally I used R11 and R22 for the ground, the main colours in my card I'm using have pink in it so I decided against a brown or grey floor and thought the pinky colours work well.
Once finished, I used my nesties on my bug to cut the image out and cut out some glittery paper to mount on to my card. The paper I have used is papermania's confetti (just bought some more of this, it's lovely) The ribbon was holding some jewellery making beads to a card and I thought would work well on this. I used some glamour dust on the champagne glass to make it look sparkly. The butterflies I made using fantasy film. I will explain another time how these are done, it's very easy though! I hope you like the card.

Thanks for looking everyone, I hope my method of colouring my images may help some of you. This method of colouring can also be used with pro-markers, working dark to light or vice-versa should you prefer. Hope you all have a great day! Take Care, Lyns xx

2 comments

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lynsey
A gorgeous card and thankyou for sharing your tips,
Hugs Dianne xx

coops said...

stunning card lyns and brilliant tutorial.
xx coops xx