Thursday, 9 December 2010

Big Thaw, Eyes and Cards

Hello Bloggers!

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the run up to Christmas? The big thaw has begun here! woo hoo! Actually, it's pretty unfair to say big thaw as it's set to be freezing cold next week and the temperature right now is 3 degrees so hardly bathing suit weather lol! So today has been an interesting day, I asked OH if he would look out a couple of Christmas presents for me, when he was tidying them back up he turned quickly without looking and jabbed his eye on a branch of the Christmas tree... silly sausage... Well unfortunately he's taken a chunk out of his cornea. We spent more time than we'd have liked in the Eye Pavilion this morning, but it's good to know that he's OK and has his ointment and drops to help.

So speaking of said tree... I took a bit of a better picture for you all to see!

Now on to my cards, finally finishing up my cards. I went with a Forever Friends theme and this first one is for my sister and her partner. The red paper was some I got free with a magazine, the decoupage sheets were from last years FF selection and I embossed the white card on my bug, the sparkles are stickles.

This next card is for my Dad and his partner, pretty much the same as before, last years decoupage sheets, stickles glitter glue, paper is from the FF decoupage pack and some glitterations. Again the embossing was done on my bug.

Here is a closer view of the decoupage...

I just love these decoupage sheets, really quick to make up and they look gorgeous when you add a bit of BLING!

I'm very tired tonight, after doing up these cards and printing save the date cards for my wedding, I have been sorting out all our Christmas cards. Apart from the close family, everyone's cards are written up and ready to go. I have also looked through all our kitchen cupboards and written up a shopping list... it's getting a bit mother hubbardish due to the snow. I'm not keen on driving in the snow, but I'll get to the shops tomorrow now that the 'big thaw' has begun!

Well take care everyone and keep warm, thanks for visiting my blog! Lyns xx

1 comment:

Alizabethy said...

what a fab looking tree and cards - Merry Christmas to you!