Monday, 14 February 2011

Grandpa's Birthday

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post today! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you are all doing something mushy and lovey today. We'll be having a quiet day as we spent most of our weekend watching rugby and trying to chillax. I made this card yesterday for OH's Grandpa, who's birthday is on Wednesday. Male cards are always a nightmare, but I find that older men aren't quite as hard. I think the worst male age group has to be 12 - 60! Pretty much most of their lives! lol

My image is popcorn the bear relaxing in his garden, he's coloured with copics. I coloured popcorn using the technique demonstrated by Suzanne from Scrapbitz it's a great way of making the bears look 'fuzzy'.
The paper is DCWV, part of the Garden Stack. Grandpa is a big green fan so I thought this paper was nice. The flourish pattern gives it something extra and a bit of glitz without being too feminine. The ribbon I rescued from a box of chocolates! It's a gorgeous colour and the little gold specks just give it something extra. I added the motorbike charm as I'm on a bit of a charm loving spree! lol
Here's a close up of popcorn chilling! The Gems are part of the papermania capsule collection.

Hope you like today's card! I'm sure to be back with something for you later this week! Thanks for visiting and take care! Lyns xx

1 comment:

coops said...

fantastic male card lyns.love the fab image and your big bow and charm are lush :D

xx coops xx