Friday, 11 March 2011

Brand New Bunnies - LOTV

HAPPY FRIDAY FEELING EVERYONE! WOO HOO!!!!

Can you tell that I'm glad it's FRIDAY! It's been a long week... Now don't get me wrong, I'm actually one of those crazy people that 'like' their job, but this week's been BUSY. I've been getting my division ready for our Quality Assurance assessment. It's not fun, that's for sure. I had to make sure that all the filing was up to date and that everything that should be in the folders was. I had to ensure our archiving cupboard was in tip top shape (that actually took 2 days to do) and I had to tidy/organise our office. Wednesday I cleared a colleague's desk, my hands were actually filthy grey with dirt afterwards, it was horrible! He's a sweetie though, he bought me a bunch of flowers doing it :o) The good news is that we passed our assessment and that's it over with for another year.

One thing that made it a good day yesterday was I got my brand spanking new LOTV stamps through the post! They are so frigging cute it's unreal! Last night I just HAD to get playing with them.

Here is my card... the stamp is called Bunny Cupcakes I thought they were just so unbelievably cute and had seen cards made by some of the DT made with them and... well you guys know me I just HAD to have them!

Here is a sideways view of the card, you can see I've matched the inside to the front. I love this colour scheme and just thought it would work well as an 'inside-out' style.

Here's an close-up of the stamp and my colouring. I thought I'd also explain how I like to colour for a change. I take my darkest marker first and work out where my darker areas are and lay that down first then work to the light. I am also of the school of thought 'a little at a time' you can always add but it's harder to erase! I didn't want to have a flat white/cream background for my stamp, sometimes block colour is just too much. I call the background technique 'the Monet' I just use a light coloured marker and dab the tip all over to create a speckled look. I think this gives the image a bit of depth.

Well it's soon time for work so I hope you guys are doing great and enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned! As always thanks for visiting me and take care! Lyns xx

The ingredients for my card are:

Stamp : LOTV
Markers : Copic Ciao
Papers : DCWV Garden Pack
Coloured Card : Papermania
Punch : MS Doily Lace
Ribbon : Coloured with Copics
Embellies : Card Candi Coloured with Copics

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Lynsey, your card is gorgeous, I'm trying to be good, and wait until I go to the NEC for some new LOTV! Sue x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Lynsey. Beautifully coloured and love your background!
Clairexx

coops said...

fantastic card lyns.love your new image, so cute and gorgeous papers and colours :D

xx coops xx

Eve said...

hey...nice and adorable bunny!!! i like how you coloured them.