Sunday, 6 March 2011

Glasgow SECC & New Stash Cards

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday Afternoon!

I hope you all have had a nice chilled/fun weekend so far. Yesterday I made an impromptu trip to Glasgow for the Hobbycrafts craft show, which was great! OH came with me and was very good, he is an excellent bag holder! He also picked up a goody bag from Craftworks Cards for his Nanee's birthday. I bought WAAAAAAAY too much, but I NEEEEEEEDED it all! lol I picked up some new nesties, LOTV stamps, gems, cards... you name it!

Today's cards are made from my new stash :o) so my first card is an LOTV birthday card. The papers are actually Christmas papers but I thought they were so cute and colourful they'd work well for a birthday card too! They are by Dovecraft
I have coloured my stamp with copics and used some stickles on the cake and her petticoat. I also coloured the ribbon with copics. I used my martha stewart doily lace punch and gems along the end. I also used my new nesties :o) I picked up the charm in a lot that were 4 for a pound at the fair. I also used some new card candi - these are fantastic, so cheap and a bit better than using brads all the time.
Here is an up close of my LOTV bear - the stamps were 4 for £15 - so needless to say I got 4!

My next card is also a new stamp, but fizzy moon this time - he is adorable! I love fizzy moon products, I have a couple of the bears and OH has been buying me fizzy birthday cards for a long time!
Now I can't decide if he's a mother's day card or a birthday card. He'd be a perfect birthday card for my Granny but he'd also be a perfect mother's day card for my Mumma. I think I'll have to make another card using this stamp.

He's coloured with copics, bit of stickles on the flowers and cut using my new nesties. The papers are papermania, ribbon is from John Lewis and couple of little gems on the LOTV sentiment.

Well I've set myself the challenge that I've to make a card using all my new stamps today. 2 down 3 to go! I better get back to work! I hope you guys are all having a great weekend and as always, thank you for visiting me!

Lyns xx

5 comments:

Creative Mish said...

Your cards are very cute. I love the images.

Andrea C said...

Extremely cute cards x

kaz said...

Really lovely Cute Cards,I love the colours and the images.
Looking forward to seeing more of your card designs as I am now a follower
Kaz.

Alizabethy said...

Fab cards - so cute!!

coops said...

gorgeous cards lyns.love the adorable images and fab papers and colours.love the dimension on your lotv card :D

xx coops xx