Friday, 25 March 2011

In a huff...

Ok... ok. I admit it. I'm a bad blogger.

BUT.
I have good reason, well it's a good enough reason to me! I'm in the huff.
I'm not talking a wee huff, I'm talking a BIG, almighty huff.... anyone who follows me and drops by regularly will have no doubt read at some point that I'm a migraine sufferer. It sucks. So I'm on my preventative meds, which are lovely, working well etc. etc. 1 migraine in 3 weeks is a great huge push forward for me.

However...
Doc told me I had to get my eyes tested too. It's worthwhile, make sure there's no demons lurking in there. Well here's now why I'm in the huff.... I NEED GLASSES. Now I'm not vain about wearing them etc. I have frequently in the past messed around with other peoples glasses, worn ones with plain lenses for the fun/fashion factor. I just never wanted to have to rely on needing them to SEE!

I am being a touch melodramatic according to my OH and colleagues.... apparently I'm getting like the lowest strength sort of glasses you could possibly get (like normal vision folks will look through and it'll be pretty much crystal clear to them too). I also only have to wear them when staring at the bloody VDU at work and working with close detail (crafting!!!!!).

After moaning for ages at OH, moaning at my colleagues (everyone was getting very bored of me by this point), I phoned boss and whined at him... told him it was all the works fault and I wanted them to pay for the glasses. So they are. I guess the like me after all... I have a sneaking suspicion he just wanted me to shut up though. I get the glasses Tuesday, I hate waiting for things. I'm a bad mood, I can't craft and I don't to in case my crafting is rubbish now.
So here it is, my last card pre-glasses...

I hope the colouring etc. is ok! I know my lettering is squint but I meant that - honest! I made the card for my girly at work's little (well not so little) boy turning eight. I always make my girl a card for her birthday and her son LOVES them and makes me a card for my birthday which is a few weeks after his muma's. I thought he'd like this as it's COMPLETELY 100% ONLY FOR HIM.

My stamp is popcorn the bear and his balloons, coloured with copics and Anita's 3d gloss used on the balloons. Papers are from the DCWV Glitter Stack, I used my bug on the yellow card with the happy birthday folder, the little tiles are by doodle bug and I used my bug and nesties for the circle/scalloped circle cutting.

I hope you like guys, I'm sorry for my huff... I will eventually snap out of it. As long as OH keeps calling me Hector, Spectre, Four Eyed Projector... I will be a-huffing!

Take Care Guys, Thanks for visiting! Lyns xx

7 comments:

Paper Pixie Handmade Cards said...

its lovely Lynsey and glasses are not so bad , if your script stabalises you could always get laser surgery, i did and it was best money ever spent. ps was also a migraine sufferer till got meds to help prevent them and its made a huge difference to me , hope you get over your 'huff' soon love K xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lynsey
A gorgeous card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Lynsey, I like the bear and the lovely bright colours.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Lynsey, I like the bear and the lovely bright colours.
Kevin xx

coops said...

stunning card lyns.love the fab shape and fab image.the gloss on the balloons is really effective and great fun colours :D

xx coops xx

Cecelia said...

I absolutley LOVE this card! I love Popcorn the Bear stamps and the colors are so bright and cheerful;0) Hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Laura said...

WOW, Super card!