Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Our Wedding Day xx

 Hi Everyone, 

So the big man and I are finally married - HOOORAH!! Planning a wedding is a stressful adventure, but it was worth every second of it.  As you can see from the above picture, we are both Scottish and we both now live in Edinburgh, I am from Edinburgh and the OH is from Arbroath.  Picking a mutual location was always going to be a challenge, but after much searching we chose the Orocco Pier in South Queensferry, which is just outside of Edinburgh.  It is an incredible location, it looks on to the Forth Bridges and is basically straight out on to the Beach.  Even if you aren't getting married I thoroughly recommend going for a bite to eat if you are local or if you fancy a weekend away definitely check them out, great rooms above a brilliant bar/restaurant - ask Henry in the Bar to whip you up a French Martini! 

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures that our photographer took of the day - here is moi getting ready with ma mere in the background helping lace me up.  I think this look's like I am having a conversation with God or Angels perhaps! 

 A bit more ready and less animated now, killing time before the ceremony was HARD!

Here is a picture of my shoes taken in a little bit of an unusual manner, but you definitely can appreciate the bling in this light!

I am incredibly fortunate, my Granda was a Pipe Major in the Cameron's Queens Own Highlanders, he  wrote a tune for me when I was born, so I was very lucky to be piped up the aisle to my own tune Miss Lynsey Grant.  He piped us out to Mairi's Wedding and in to the Wedding Breakfast to Highland Laddie. 
I absolutely LOVE this picture as I feel it looks like I've been twirling around the lamp post! 

As the sun went down in the evening and the party got well and truly under way, the hotel lit these beautiful torches on the balcony, they set the mood perfectly... apart from a few guests trying to light their cigs on them leaving with singed eyebrows!

It was about now I got my dancing shoes on... 


The day was incredible, my OH's friends are CRACKERS but such incredible fun.  They were definitely the heart and soul of the party and I feel incredibly lucky that many guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to - what a compliment!!!  

As I mentioned before Orocco Pier is directly on the Beach, with Beach access down some stairs from the balcony... OH's friends thought nothing more of having a skinny dip in the Sea at midnight - definitely THE funniest thing I have EVER witnessed at a wedding!  4 lads ditching their kilts and associated paraphernalia on the Beach running butt naked toward the water!   They didn't just do a little run in and out either - but some full on swimming, now I can safely say - at the end of September back stroke in the Forth is IN NO WAY RECOMMENDED.  For any of you feeling extremely brave, feel free to sign up to the Loony Dook  which takes place every new year. 

We are off on our honeymoon soon, to the USA - woo hoo! It's safe to say I cannot wait to hit 'em Craft Shops!  Normal service shall resume by November - Thank you all to have continued to follow my blog despite being a bit radio silent at times and I hope you have enjoyed looking at our wedding pictures. 

Take Care, Thanks for Visiting! Mrs. McG xxx

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab photos. Looks like you had an amazing day! Congratulations!!!!

Paper Pixie Handmade Cards said...

Fab photos they are stunning and the Orocco is a lovely place , hubby and I did a wedding there last year , your OH mates sound nuts but a great laugh , glad you had a fab day and look forward to seeing your creations with new stash when you return

McCrafty's Cards said...

Congratulations to you both, I wish you a life time of happiness.
Kevin xx

coops said...

yay congratulations MRS :D
your pics are stunning and you look beautiful in your dress hun.
have a fantastic honeymoon and i look forward to seeing your cards again soon :D

xx coops xx