Birthday & Christmas Card

 Good Morning Everyone, 

I hope you are all doing great!  I know it's taken forever but finally I feel like I might just be on my way back into blog land.  The last year has been fantastic, but I've really missed crafting.  Whilst I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding, I can see the appeal in running off abroad with just close family to get hitched - takes at least SOME of the drama out of the equation.  

We got back from honeymoon at the end of October, it was incredible, we both had an amazing time.  I REALLY didn't want to go home.  I was close to tears driving back for our flight - I guess that is the sign of a really great holiday.  We spent two weeks in Florida, being complete tourists taking in all the fun of the parks.  I think you could go there for months and still not cover everything!  Here are a couple of pictures:
 
Me enjoying the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. 

Me and Hubby showing off our Geek 'chic' 3D glasses. 

Me cooling down a little by the fountain in Disney Studios.

Now on to my cards! At last!  Before heading off to America I got the latest issue of DoCrafts Creativity Magazine, which had some of these lovely 'Enchanted' Christmas Decoupage in them.  I bought up a few packs before going away and they've been crying out to be used since I got back so here is my first offering.  Enchanted Santa decoupage, with some stickles for a bit of glimmer and a couple of gems stuck in the corner.  I wanted to keep this one simple, the image does all the talking. 

I thought to help get my mojo going again I would take part in a challenge, so I took a peek in the Challenges forum on DoCrafts and noticed the latest LOTV challenge was a sketch with the strict instruction of 'Not Christmas'. 
I thought my little bear was just perfect for the sketch, she's coloured with copics, the papers are tulip and papermania.  Gems and ribbon are from my stash. 
This was the first time in a LONG LONG time that I've really sat and coloured so I have stamped myself a load of images to sit and colour tonight :o) 

I'm going to have a look round blog land and get all caught up with you all.  Take Care and thanks for visiting me! Lyns xx

3 comments

Teresa said...

Hello Lynsey,
This is the first chance I've had to come blog-hopping since I got back from America myself, after spending a month with my daughter & her family in Virginia, so you're one of the first, I have to say this card is simply beautiful, I love everything about it!
I'm glad you and your hubby had a wonderful wedding & holiday in Florida, Congratulations and sounds as if it were brilliant, love the pics, Hugs Teresa xx

coops said...

hiya lyndsey.great pics of your honeymoon hun and i love your cards especially the fabulous santa ;D

xx coops xx

Paper Pixie Handmade Cards said...

Hi Lynsey glad to see you back in blogland and love your cards K x