Friday, 13 January 2012

Challenges, challenges...

Hey There Everyone!  Woo-hoo it's FRIDAY! Yippeeeeeeeee... 

I am looking forward to this weekend, I have very very little planned and I am going to (hopefully) relish in playing with my crafty things. It has been so long since I got to just sit and dabble for a day.  Hubster will be out golfing tomorrow for most of the day so I am going to enjoy the PEACE AND QUIET!!! 

Today's card is one I sat and made up last night, I had a peak at a couple of challenges and this was the fall out... 

I am entering this into Lili's Little Fairies Thursday Challenge, which is use your favourite stamp, now this was hard cos I lurve them all equally! I couldn't possibly have a favourite - as if this was even possible! But I do lean toward this little guy called Abracadabra - he is sooo cute.  Although I always find that maybe I'm not colouring him very well... I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I really struggle when my image is going to be heavy on black ink.  Any tips guys please share! 


I am also entering this card into the Here Come The Boys sketch challenge.  The sketch is bellow! The only thing I have left off is a sentiment as I chose a stamp which ended up more square than rectangle... D'OH! anyhooo... I hope you like! 


Goodies used were... 
  • Copics Ciao Markers for colouring
  • Stickles for Sparkling
  • Magnolia Stars and the faint writing paper is also Magnolia
  • Papermania Coloured Card stock
  • The Metal Embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts I 'dirtied' them up with a black copic.
  • Papermania Tri-Emboss Folder for the bossin'
  • Gems are Papermania 
  • Ribbon, left over straggle found in stash!

Take Care Guys and as always thanks for visiting me!  Have a great weekend! Lyns xx

8 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi I am with you on this one as a fave I love your colouring and have a great weekend

thecraftycavalier said...

This is one of my favourite stamps too! Love this card; it's coloured beautifully. Fabulous sketch - everything works! Thank you for joining us over at Lili's Little Fairies. Hugs, Jayne x

Lorraine said...

I think you're colouring is fab and congratulations on your wedding.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning lyns.really love your colouring on the gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Paper Pixie Handmade Cards said...

hes a wee cutie isnt he , enjoy your crafting day tomorrow K x

Woo said...

Gorgeous card, I love how you've put your papers together for the sketch! Thank you for joining in at Here Come The boys! Woo x

Teresa said...

This is a stunning card Lyns, thanks for playing along at Here Come the Boys sketch challenge. Teresa xx

Karen said...

Fabulous colouring, you've made the image very atmospheric - like the Harry Potter films, dark and mystical hugs Karen x