Thursday, 20 September 2012

Home for Christmas...


Hey-hey Everyone, 

It's almost weekend time! Woooooooo hoooooooo! I am looking forward to this weekend, I'm hitting the town for some cocktails in celebration of my friend's 30th Birthday, so in preparation tomorrow night I will be getting my spray tan done.  I also by chance happened to have a hair appointment on Saturday morning, so I hope to be going out with luscious locks and a gorgeous glow... watch this space! I may end up a haystack with streaky orange legs! LOL I hope not! 

This week I have kept up my 2 Christmas cards a week, I have made my two already AND I think I might just have another cooking in the back of my mind... maybe I should save it for next week though?!  ha ha!  I thought this Boofle Decoupage would be great for my Hubby, especially with the Sentiment 'Home for Christmas' because he will be home for a whole 2 weeks at Christmas - YIPPEE!! I did however end up with Chris Rhea's 'Driving Home for Christmas' stuck in my head the whole time I made this... 


The image is a Boofle Decoupage Sheet, with stickles added to the snow.  The papers are also Boofle Christmas mounted on to Green Card and Kraft Card.  I also tore up a bit of scrap kraft card then ran it through my bug with the Boofle Impress Button Folder and I pulled the hell out of that Cheese Cloth to roughen it up a bit more.  The two little gems in the corner were from my stash.  


I have decorated the inside of the card using the same papers from the front, I thought it'd be nice to use a gold/bronze marker to write my message.  The Sentiment is also one off the Boofle sheet.  Tomorrow I will share my other Boofle Card I made :o) 

Yesterday I was off work unwell :o( - Molly was super confused, she was upset that I wasn't going out so she could have a good kip and a filled Kong.  I thought I'd take a bath to try to relax a bit... Molly had other ideas! 

This face says 'Me? Eating the Bubbles? Nope, definitely wasn't me!' 

Earlier in the week I had a go at making my own granola bars and Oh My God they are YUMMY!  If you fancy trying your hand at them, the recipe is here and it is super easy and they really are super tasty.  I gave my colleague one to try and she said they were lovely too and a real compliment to me, she said 'much better than shop bought ones' :o) 

I shall be back tomorrow with another project and I will eventually remember to put my brother's Halloween Card up - I'm so glad he doesn't know my blog address... I can imagine the abuse I'd take! 

Thanks for visiting Guys and hope you are all well. Lyns xx

1 comment:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lynsey
A gorgeous card love the colour's and paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)