Stags Head Decoration

Hi Bloggers! 

How is everyone? I am on FIRE this afternoon, crafting like a demon!  Which hasn't been like me, I haven't really had much time to make anything lately and my mojo was on a very long holiday. 

It seems to have come back, I think I got much of my inspiration from being away this week.  Hubby is back with me, so we head up North to Aviemore for a week.  I think you will notice the influence of the Highlands in my project.  We went some amazing walks, some accidentally longer than others - my baaaaad! On one particular walk, we chose a Forestry Commission walk just outside of Grantown-on-Spey - yep I picked the red path, the longest one! It was great though, we saw a deer, Molly splashed in a burn, chased butterflies and generally did her dog thing. 


The weather was great for the most part, so we had a great time walking and enjoying the hot tub in our Cottage's garden.  It was great being reminded of a place where mother nature is definitely still in control. 

We couldn't go all the way to Aviemore, without taking a further trip to Inverness to visit my Granny.... who is a fellow Crafter.  We went to the craft shop and she bought the Docrafts Goody Bag.  I having been inspired from all the Deer bought the Stags Head X-cut Large Die.  It was then a bit like Green Cheese, I wish I had bought the Goody Bag too - I ended up going back to get it! But you can see I have put it to good use. 


I made this decoration which I thought you could hang up all year or add some more glitz and make it a Christmas Decoration. 

The Stags Head had to be run through my bug a few times to get it to cut well and I recommend gluing it together to keep everything from moving and falling out. 

The papers are from the Country Christmas pack and seem to have been inspired from Deer and a bad Christmas jumper - which I love! So I cut a rectangle of Kraft card and mounted the beige piece of Country paper onto this. all other pieces were cut using nestabilities on my bug. Almost everything here was from the Goody Bag, obviously the Die I bought separately and the brad/pearls were from my stash.  

Believe it or not I have another project ready to share tomorrow. Hope you are all well, thanks for visiting me! 

Lyns xx

1 comment

Alizabethy said...

Sounds like you have had a great time away!