WOYWW 251 & Something a little bit different

Heya  Guys, 

It's another WOYWW if you'd like to find out what we are all up to, please visit our wonderful host Julia who explains everything... 

My desk doesn't show a great deal of promise at the moment, I have been attempting this little project several times, but every time I sit down to it I wind up almost falling asleep at my desk.  I've not been great with the projects in general over the last couple of days, I've got so much on - my mind is a bit boggled! If you would like to see how my project from last Wednesday wound up, please take a look here.

This week I am sharing this little candle holder I made, well I didn't make it... Nescafe Azera Coffee made it, but I decorated the outside to make it prettier!

A wee shot of my candle inside... I just stuck the papers down to the outside using extremely strong glue and then put my lace and adhesive pearl hearts over the top.  I tied a shoelace around the papers and left them over night so that the papers didn't lift at the back where they joined. 

A side by side of how the candle holder started it's life out... that coffee tin can look forward to becoming a candle holder in the near future... watch this space!

Thanks for stopping by - I'm off for a wee creep on everyone's WOYWW.

Lyns xx

12 comments

Mrs.D said...

Lyndsey, thanks for visiting me earlier.
I love your tidy desk, I don't think I could ever achieve tidiness like that and still make something. that candle holder is going to be lovely, good re-use of a tin. It grieves me when I put tins in the recycling, I feel I should be able to re-use them
Chris #36

Neet said...

Oh dear, I am such a recycler that I don't think I should have seen this. Another idea - we don't have this coffee but I am sure I could find something else.
Thanks for sharing and visiting me
Neet 40 xx

Antonia said...

what a neat desk I would make a right mess of it if I came to visit, I love your upcycled coffee tins so pretty
Happy woyww
Toni #57

Krisha said...

Clever, and beautiful, recycled candle!

Love your Blog header and the fairy dust that follows the pointer.

Thanks for the visit this week and the lovely comment.
Krisha #12

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Love your blog header! great upcycle of the coffee can. Wish we had that brand over here in the US.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Cathy #73

Karen Ives said...

What a lovely candle holder. Thank you for your visit. Karen #44

glitterandglue said...

What a fun candle holder, Lynsey. Well done.
Margaret #85

Judys Fabrications said...

Great idea for recycling.The "word" these days is "up-cycling".Your tin is definitely upcycled!
Judy #4
Thanks for your visit.xx

Daniella said...

I love it! So pretty! Just like your desk!
xxDaniella#2

butlersabroad said...

I like it when you get to reuse something ordinary and turn it into something extraordinary! Your blog header is absolutely beautiful too!

Hugs
Brenda 68

Angela Radford said...

I so love to see people making things from trash. I think crafters are saving the world lol!
We must be making use of so much stuff that would otherwise be thrown away although it is becoming difficult to find room to store it!!!
Thanks for stopping by at mine.
Happy crafting, Angela#59

Helen Campbell said...

What a lovely recycled candle holder! Thanks for stopping by to see my workdesk! Helen #17