Docrafts Roald Dahl Cover Card

Hey Guys, 

Monday is never good, especially when you have lurgy like me... It's supposed to be summer, I'm supposed to well and all full of beans and all that junk! 

Anyhoo... so my issue of Do Crafts Magazine landed on Saturday morning and had a quick flick through and knew right away I was going to have to make that cover card, so it was a jaunt out to the Range to buy the things I needed.  You can buy the Roald Dahl Goodies here.

Here is the magazine cover, details of how to make the card are inside... I just loved all the little coloured circles on the top... they look like Smarties.  So I set about creating my own version...


I knew I wanted those smarties on my card, so  I set about colouring plain pieces of Card Candi - that took forever.  I used my copics to colour them, so I held each one (except the lilac ones) in my tweezers and coloured... I decided the lilac ones were fine enough! I stuck them all down with silicon glue and then added stickles glitter.

I kept the idea of having a small pocket on the front to put things in, but I have just used the bitty that'd I'd trimmed off original rather than trying to fashion a new one from card.  

I don't tend to like copying other cards, but I knew I had to have a go at this one, the colours are just so fantastic! I can't wait to make up some more cards using the Roald Dahl Goodies. 

I hope you liked my take on this and thanks for visiting guys, Lyns xx

No comments