Wednesday, 17 September 2014

WOYWW - 276 & A Country Christmas Card


It's WEDNESDAY and I remembered to photograph my desk (please check out Julia's Blog to see what we are up to #deskcreeps) there ain't a whole lot on it... I have to confess guys, I've not worked on many projects at the moment cos I'm a little bit fraught over the Scottish Referendum  Things are tense round here.  I kind of wish that Friday was a holiday so we can have a day to digest it.

To make up for my rubbish desk picture, I have uploaded a card that I made recently.

I made this using a plain piece of Kraft card and the Docrafts Country Christmas Decoupage set. 

I think this is quite CAS and a bit different for me, but I like the effect.  All the bits and pieces were from a set except the pearls which were from my stash.

I am off for a hop shortly, if you are in Scotland (or not) I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about our wee independence referendum.  

Thanks for dropping by, Lyns xx

9 comments:

Super Stamp Girl said...

Hi Lynsey, this is my first visit to your blog and I love your title/headline photo. It's just "bursting" with energy and shows off the "happiest place on Earth", right? Anyhoo, sorry I'm not able to comment on the referendum what with being in the US, but don't fret too much, my momma always said, "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! Cheers.

Hazel said...

Love the stars on the kraft card. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

April Story said...

I hope the vote turns out to be okay whichever side wins. 10 years from now it will be old news - right? I LOVE the fairy dust my pointer sprinkles when moving around your web page - soooo cool. April #67

Lisca Meijer said...

Hi, I'm new (ish) and I think this is my first visit to your blog.
The 'JOY' card is beautiful! Love it.
Thank you for letting me look over you shoulder.
Lisca#45

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lynsey, it is a bit frenetic in our dear old country at the moment but tomorrow is voting day and then we'll soon know the result, whichever way it goes. Your card is lovely - the colour mix looks good on Kraft. Have a great week. Hope the vote goes the way you want it to. Elizabeth x #62

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm not surprised at all that your head hasn't been in the crafting place...if I was entitled to vote, my head would be full of referendum too. My sincere hope is for a no vote...I'm frightened because there would be no going back if it turned out wrong. Am I change resistant because I'm not Scottish? I don't know. but really, the press and the politicians recently haven't helped at all.
I like the folky Christmas card, I think it's going to be a Krafty Christmas!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Avery charming card! It's got a real home spun feel about it. I love it! Zsuzsa #64

Chrysalis said...

Hi Lyns - lovely card and great, tidy desk. I hope the sun's shining for you today, despite the uncertain future, and that things turn out for the best, for you and our countries. Hugs from across the border, Chris # 29

I'm a Little Teapot said...

I hope all is less hectic/stressful now and that you can enjoy using your crafty space more!
Your card is super cute!
Thanks for sharing! Have a good week. Hugs, Kathy Jo #41