Wednesday, 24 June 2015

WOYWW 316 & Graduation Card

Hi WOYWW-ers! 

How you guys doing?  I've missed a few, I've been busy and then unwell... :( it's rubbish! I'm better now and getting back on top of things - yeay!  Now if you are new here and wondering just what the heck I'm on about, please stop by the amazing Julia's blog here.  My desk looks REALLY dark, I don't know why, cos it's not... iPhone camera probably focussing on the lightest part of the area and I didn't realise. 

The project I'm currently working on is a Graduation card for my friend's lovely girl Laura, she's graduating with her degree in Accountancy - clever cookie that she is.   It would all woosh over my head! 

I had a few ideas about what to do with this card, I knew I wanted stars there to be stars, I knew I wanted it to be black, but it kinda stopped there! Then this spilled out...
I know it's not a traditional graduation card, but I like that the quote says (in my mind anyway) that she worked hard for this and the future is in her hands and no one elses.  I hope she likes it.

I had wanted to buy her a gift, but she has the typical graduation presents, so with some money she can use this to buy something or put it toward her last big holiday before she starts her CA training later in the in year.  I made a little money pouch to put inside.


The ingredients to my card were mainly from my stash.  The sentiment is LOTV and is silver heat embossed on black papermania card.  The stars paper is so old I can't remember where it is from.  The stripes is part of the Mr. & Mrs. LOTV Paperpad.  Gems, Ribbon & Button from my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by guys, be hopping your blogs to see what you have all been working on shortly! 

Lyns xx

6 comments:

lisa said...

Congrats to your daughter. You must be so proud. I love her card, very classy!
Hugs Lisax #23

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful card you have created! Thanks for sharing!
Glenda #29

Peg Robinson said...

Lovely card and congrats! Peg R #26

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Lyns, happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk. Love the graduation card, it's fabulous Cheers RobynO#18

Neet said...

A lovely card and a perfect gift. I like the break away from the traditional mortar board and certificate, the stars are perfect and I just adore that bow.
Thanks for the visit to me earlier.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Barb said...

What a beautiful card you've made for your friend's daughter. It's a great sentiment too. I'm sure she'll appreciate the money to spend as she chooses. Barb #33