Wednesday, 8 July 2015

WOYWW 318 - Work in Progress :)


Happy WOYWW's,

Morning all, hope you are all good.  Bit of drama on my desk last night, track-pad for my mac went haywire after the latest mac update - which diverted me from doing what I should have - making my brother's birthday card.  Things that don't work annoy me though.  You can tell I was getting upset with it all by the empty glass of wine on the desk! Anyway if you are new here and wondering why I have a picture of my chaotic desk, please check out Julia's blog for all the information on what we are doing.

So my desk is a bit of a work in progress for this week, was suffering a dilemma whilst making this card for my brother's birthday.  I knew I wanted super-hero kinda theme, I knew I had papers, I knew I had a stamp... couldn't make my brain work enough to actually colour the stamp though.  I've actually made this project a bit in reverse, so the stamp still needs coloured and stuck to the card, but the rest of the card is made up... oh dear! 


I will definitely finish this up tonight, my brother's birthday has actually passed, but he was on holiday to be fair so I couldn't give it to him.  Hopefully be sharing the finished card tomorrow and hopefully he likes it.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Lyns xx

9 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Lyns. thanks for stopping by my desk earlier! I find it easier to match colours (though I don't always remember) if I choose the papers before I colour the stamp so I don't think you are making the card backwards! I'm sure your brother will love it. Oh and technology..... can't live with it, can't live without it!!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #24

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Lyns. thanks for stopping by my desk earlier! I find it easier to match colours (though I don't always remember) if I choose the papers before I colour the stamp so I don't think you are making the card backwards! I'm sure your brother will love it. Oh and technology..... can't live with it, can't live without it!!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #24 (Doing it again cos I didn't do the robot bit so not sure it went through!!)

sue jones said...

I always find the bit you have already done the hardest! Ha ha the colouring i do really quickly and enjoy but then making it up - i am never sure if I will like it or not. So you have done the hard part ( and it looks fab!) Soojay 13#

Angela Radford said...

There is always something comes to distract you when you are busy. Your desk looks very organised and easy to work on. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Lyns, and thanks for visiting my desk. Hope you got your brothers card finished, I do understand about things not working and how that throws your whole plans. Enjoy your week Cheers RobynO#11

Julia Dunnit said...

A lot fof people work in that reverse fashion as a matter of 'normal' and it really makes so much sense for colour matching. But I find it really hard to do! I should try more really. I love the theme and the way you've got it together..and I really like the choice of stamped images you're going with...great card. And A great theme idea for the boys! I totally get your frustration over the trackpad...an improvement to one thing shouldn't throw everything else off and why can't they just WORK!

Shoshi said...

Hope you get the card finished OK. Computer problems are a bore, aren't they, and can end up diverting you from what you really want to do, for hours at a time!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #42

Lisca Meijer said...

Well at least you know what sort of colours to color the stamp with....(if that makes sense)
I think that glas of wine was a glas of champagne as the bubbles are floating up the page, lol.
I'm sorry, I'm ever so late in commenting!
Have a good week,
Lisca#26

Sharon Madson said...

I am even later than the last perso! LOL I am at my daughters' but am getting a way for a moment to comment. I hope you got the card done for your brother. I wonder how you got bubbles to flow up the page? The wine? :) Thanks for the peek. #49