Thursday, 29 October 2015

Halloween Box Card LOTV

Heya Guys, 

Hope you are all well.  As promised, today's 'card' is one made using some of the goodies I picked up at the Craft Show.  A bit of a theme you might notice is halloween, I have all these little cool halloween bits but I never normally end up doing anything, but I was determined to make this.  An idea which fell out my own head, no inspiration was taken from anywhere... A first! 

I have to confess that I didn't make the box card, I bought them in a pack, it is just so much more work doing all that cutting, I'd be going nuts trying to make it all correctly, this was so simple using the pre-cut one and it comes with envelopes to fit.  This card actually folds flat so you can mail it to people. 

Getting down to the nitty gritty, the image is by LOTV, coloured with copics and added a little bit of black glitter to the bats and the inner eyes and mouth of the pumpkin.  The bats I free-hand cut and then dunked in glitter mounted onto bits of wire to make them appear as though they are flying out of the box. The pumpkin dies are by Spellbinders, they are great - I think they'd also look great on their own popping out of a box - that could be a project for later.  I also used a spellbinders nestie for cutting the image using the 'out the box' approach for the leaf and the stalk of the pumpkin.  The cheese cloth is just cut roughly and pulled a bit to make it look creepy and glued to the back.  The gems were clear and I coloured them black with copics and are the reason I have black marks on my fingers and thumb. The papers are Gorjuss Girls Docrafts ones.  I think that's all there is to say now about that! 

A close up of my image colouring - the hair looks more textured in person, it just doesn't seem to be showing up in the photo. 

This is the most intensive card I have made for a while, but I enjoyed every bit of it.  I love these box cards, using the pre-cut cards just made it easier for me.  What can I say - I'm lazy! 

I hope you guys liked this and thanks for stopping by, Lyns xx

No comments: