Monday, 7 March 2016

LOTV James Butterflies Birthday Box Card


Morning All, 

It's a beautiful morning here today, so nice, frosty but such lovely sunshine. I love days like this.  I love getting up and walking the dog and feeling the cold sting my face a little... it makes me feel fresh.  

My card today is a box card for my Granny's birthday next Monday. I made it more of a square shape than a rectangle this time, I like how it's turned out being a bit smaller.  If you have never made a box card, it's worth giving it a go for something a little bit different, I find people are normally quite impressed when they receive one.  Templates are readily available on Pinterest and YouTube tutorials if you get really stuck. 



I am entering this card into the LOTV Spring Facebook Challenge.  The sentiment stamps, image and papers are all LOTV - unfortunately the papers are discontinued.  James Bear is coloured with copics, I'm still trying to work on the fur texture.  The stick on gems are from my stash and the sparkly clouds were cut using a die then stuck to acetate to make them appear like they are floating.  I really should've used wire though, the clouds appear a bit drunk depending on the angle.


I hope you like my card for today.  In other news I bought a new car at the weekend, I'm very sad to say goodbye to my car, but it was time for him to live with a new family.  I'm excited to get my car at lunchtime today :o)

Thanks for stopping by, Lyns xx

No comments: