WOYWW 427 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?


Happy WOYWW Everyone, 

Welcome to my page - if it's your first time stopping by, please leave a comment to say hello so I can come visit you too!  This week's desk photo is really a Tuesday night photo, but if I took true Wednesday morning photos you'd never see anything. It is also the reason there's a half glass of wine on the coaster :o) 

This week's first desk shot doesn't show a huge amount of happening.  I have been working on my colouring following Kit & Clowder online colouring classes.  I coloured up my first image then decided to make her into a card.   That's also Edward Cullen on the computer there, I like to watch films when I craft, ones I've seen several times are better to have on.  Most of the time I'm not watching what's on the screen just listening as I work.

Looking a bit less organised now, I decided to have a go at making a shaker card.  First attempt and it's turned out ok but I have some definite notes for the next time I try.

I wish I'd opted to take a photo once all the glue was dry you can still see it looking a bit wet in places.  I wanted to give this card quite a distressed feel, it took forever but I think it's worth it.

Here's a little close up of my image and the shaker element.  Ingredients for this card are: Simply B Stamps Digital Stamp - Let's Boogie Betty is looking to move her store to Etsy, so this link may stop working.  The papers are Beach Bliss from LOTV, but no longer available although similar papers at Raspberry Road Designs are available to download.  The cheese cloth, lace and shaker sequins are from The Ribbon Girl.   I used spellbinders dies for my die shapes.  Coming as no surprise, the image is coloured with Copics.  

I hope you have enjoyed peeking at my desk.  Please remember to visit Julia's great blog for all the information you need about WOYWW and don't forget to comment so I can visit your desk too!  

Lyns xx

18 comments

Claire said...

You are very organized listing the elements you used, am most impressed :) I liked the wet glue - I thought it was deliberate (as in you used resin for it to look wet).
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 2

Natalia Smith said...

Such a gorgeous shaker card, it looks fab. And your colouring is brilliant x

donna garner said...

Lovely card, beautifully created, dxxx#19

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Lynsey, love the card. Beautiful colouring. I've got the link to the Kit & Clowder lessons in my toolbar, I keep meaning to start watching them. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Lyns, that's a very cute card - love the shaker component and the sparkle in it. I must say I prefer complete silence when I work - though sometimes I have to listen to the telly - I find it a distraction, most of the time. Must have to do with the fact that I'm an introvert! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #23

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Lyns, that is a great colouring job. I know what you mean about listening rather than watching stuff while you work; I watch old episodes of Star Trek Voyager on Netflix at the moment while I'm crafting. Happy WOYWW Sarah #25

Cheetarah said...

Lovely coloring and great card! While I don't have a screen in my room, I love to listen to music or a podcast/audiobook while making stuff :)
Have a lovely week! xo Cheetarah WOYWW#26

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a great card Lynsey..you ve got the colouring skills in the bag for sure! I like the sequins in the shaker. Any card is improved with the addition of a little bling! I won't if this is your first viewing of that film!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Cute card! You've inspired me to get on with it for a try at my own 1st shaker. Thanks!
Happy WOYWW!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #8

May said...

Gorgeous card.... Your colouring is amazing... Love the design and attention to detail is outstanding... Simply Beautiful...Happy WOYWW... May #17

Sue said...

Hi Lyns, Fab card.

I love the Twilight films and have them on DVD.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #20

Helen said...

great card! I don't do cute often, but that's so pretty! Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a fun card! I love the shaker element and your colouring is amazing :-). Let's not be judgemental about wine in the morning, lol! I'm saying nothing :-D
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Lindart said...

I like watching TV too when I work! Just to have that noise in the background! Shaker cards are so much fun, aren't they? Yours is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #30

Jan Ltc said...

Happy WOYWW TFS xx Jan (34)

Neet said...

That's a real fun card and the recipient will certainly have fun with it. A cute image and lovely shaky bits.
Hugs and thanks for visiting me, Neet 3

April Story said...

Excellent shaker card and your coloring looks awesome.
April #24

SusanLotus said...

This week I start visiting last weeks WOYWW
before I make my own post for this week.


Good idea to print out many examples of the same
stamp and colour them in different colours. :)

COOL card!

Sussie